Friday, December 11, 2015

OBTAINING SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

Finally...after long wait for my hubby to check on the forms. Yup, I waited. He is not with me as he is working overseas, geez Can you imagine how hard is that? to think that we just got here in the States. Anyways broadwaysss
Here's how I started on this damn paperworks. Opppss, make sure you guys get married first ofcourse..we got married last Nov. 7 and such a short preparation as my hubby can't stay more than 10 days. Can you Imagine that? I know right...
Go back to the subject, We got married then waited for the certified copy of our marriage license which the officiant and the city hall said it will take like 2-3wks..Damn, my visa will soon be expired. Good thing we tried after a week then yeah its RECORDED. yippee...same day I get the certified, we run to get the SSN. which I already prepared, I mean the requirements needed to get social security number.

Obtaining Social Security Number, here's what I prepared. All original. They will not take it.


That's all I have when I got mine. I also asked when I can get ssn for my 5yr old son and I was told when he got his GC. But will try when we get his EAD.

I applied for SSN on November 23 and received on the mail by 27th. Isn't fast?



Next will be preparing the documents for Adjustment of Status (AOS) or green card application....together with Work Permit (EAD)  and Advance Parole (AP)

No comments:

Post a Comment