Friday, December 11, 2015

REQUIREMENTS ON GETTING LEARNER'S PERMIT at DMV

Not so lucky on my first try. They said I should get my I-94 extended first or something that states I could stay longer. They need atleast 30-60 days before it expires. Also, I was told to wait for I-797 for my AOS or EAD....to which I Just sent out Yesterday (12/10/2015).  SO let's see....I might get that in Month or so...

Update:  3/24/16
After I got my combo card last March 21, next thing in my mind is getting a learner's permit. I gave myself to review for 2 days. I didn't read the new book. I just went to their practice test online here http://www.dmv-written-test.com which helps a lot to me... What I did is I answered every test over and over until i got it perfect score. I strongly recommend to take the paper test instead of the computer, so you would time to skip more questions and also can review your answers.

Requirements:

In California, here's the list 

How to apply for a driver license if you are over 18

If you are a visitor in California over 18 and have a valid driver license from your home state or country, you may drive in this state without getting a California driver license as long as your home state license remains valid.
If you become a California resident, you must get a California driver license within 10 days. Residency is established by voting in a California election, paying resident tuition, filing for a homeowner's property tax exemption, or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to nonresidents.
To apply for an original driver license if you are over 18, you will need to do the following:
  • Make an appointment before visiting a DMV office (walk-ins are only accepted at our Driver License Processing Centers). I DONT HAVE APPOINTMENT AS WHEN I TRIED TO GET AN APPOINTMENT TO THE BRANCH I WANT TO GO, ITS JUST SAY "NOT AVAILABLE" SO I DID WALK-IN AND IT WAS FAST
  • Complete application form DL 44 (An original DL 44 form must be submitted. Copies will not be accepted.) YOU WILL GET THIS FROM THERE, THIS IS THE FIRST STEP
  • Give a thumb print YOU WILL DO 5 THUMBPRINT ON THE FIRST WINDOW....THEN JUST ONE AT THE PICTURE WINDOW
  • Have your picture taken YUP
  • Provide your social security number. It will be verified with the Social Security Administration while you are in the office. THEY DO VERIFY IT..SO YOU BETTER HAVE SSN FIRST
  • Verify your birth date and legal presence If your current name no longer matches the name on your birth data/legal presence document, see "True Full Name" and "How to Change Your Name" for more information.HE DIDNT ASK ME ON THIS AS HE HAS MY COMBO CARD..THATS ALL I PRESENT TO HIM/DMV PERSONNEL
  • Provide your true full name FROM THE COMBO CARD
  • Pay the application fee $33
  • Pass a vision exam YUP
  • Pass a traffic laws and sign test. There are 36 questions on the test. You have three chances to pass.. YES THIS IS IMPORTANT...YOU HAVE 3 CHANCES TO PASS THE EXAM


GOODLUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment